Welcome to the “Raising Holy Sparks” podcast! Hope you enjoy these short weekly insights into the torah portion! This week we dive deep into the Parshah of Miketz.
Sources mentioned in connection with this week’s torah portion:
- Conversation starters with kids from SCHOLASTIC:
- Tell me about the best part of your day.
- What was the hardest thing you had to do today?
- Did any of your classmates do anything funny?
- Tell me about what you read in class.
- Who did you play with today? What did you play?
- Do you think math [or any subject] is too easy or too hard?
- What’s the biggest difference between this year and last year?
- What rules are different at school than our rules at home? Do you think they’re fair?
- Who did you sit with at lunch?
- Can you show me something you learned (or did) today?
- The Friday night blessing for kids:
- Place hands on the head of the children and say (for boys): May you be like Ephraim and Menashe; and say (for girls): May you be like Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, and Leah.
- For the audio, check out the blessings on ReformJudaism.org
Thanks for listening and looking forward to being on this journey through the books of the Torah with you!